Kierland is located in the “magical” 85254 Zip Code of Scottsdale, AZ. Because 85254 is home to what many consider to be the best school districts in Arizona (Scottsdale Unified School District & Paradise Valley Unified School District), and offers some of the best dining/shopping opportunities at the nearby Kierland Commons, this area has become extremely popular for people looking for their next home. Add to that it’s proximity to the Loop 101 and 51 freeways, and you get the perfect combination when looking for your next home. The 85254 Zip Code is commonly referred to as Kierland, and is one of the largest zip codes in the Metro Phoenix Market, consisting of almost 14 square miles, and nearly 20,000 single-family homes, condominiums, and town homes. Here are a few reasons that so many residents call Kierland home:
- Great Schools. Kierland lies within both the Paradise Valley Unified School District and Scottsdale Unified School District, which many consider to be the two top school districts in Arizona. Both school districts are consistently mentioned by the AZ Department of Education as being Excelling, or Exceeding Standards, when compared to other school districts in Arizona.
- Location. Kierland is contingent to the 101 Freeway, which serves as a major arterial to Scottsdale, Tempe, and East Phoenix. The 51 Freeway is located just West of it’s western-most border, and provides easy access to Downtown Phoenix & Sky Harbor Airport (a short 15-20 minute drive). The Kierland Commons is located in the heart of 85254 and Kierland, and is known for it’s incredible shopping, dining, and arts/entertainment. The popular Desert Ridge Marketplace is located just 5 minutes from the community as well.
- Housing Diversity. Kierland offers everything from apartment-style living to luxury homes, and everything in-between. The area is known for having having larger lots (10,000+ square feet, up to 1+ acre horse properties).
- Outdoor Activities/Recreation. Kierland offers numerous biking/hiking trails throughout the community, nine community parks, and even has it’s own equestrian park/center(Sereno Park). In addition, there are 10+ golf courses within a 10 minute drive of Kierland.
- Shopping. Kierland Commons is known as a shopping mecca for Valley residents, and it acts as the centerpiece of the community. Incredible upscale shopping, movie theaters, restaurants, and a vibrant night-life make this a hotspot for residents of Kierland.
- Upscale Resorts. The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa sits in the heart of Kierland, and is a favorite destination of out-of-town visitors, as well as families who want to do a “stay-vacation”, especially during the hot summer months. The JW Marriott-Desert Ridge is a short 5 minute drive from Kierland as well.
Kierland Area Schools
Where your child will attend school in the Kierland/85254 area will depend on your address. The area is unique in that it is serviced by both the Paradise Valley Unified School District and the Scottsdale Unified School District. In either case, you can rest assured that your child will be getting a top-notch education.